Since april, 3rd SQL Azure Data Sync preview release has been upgraded to Service Update 4.This Update eagerly awaited (I think, not only by me) adds a most requested feature :
The ability for the user to edit an existing Sync Group to accomodate changes they have made to their database schemas , without having to re-create the Sync Group
If you synchronise Azure Db with a local Db, you’ve to uppdate your local agent with the last release. If you only synchronise Cloud To Cloud database , the Sync Group don’t need to be re-created, the new features work automatically.
In this release, we’ve also :
- more information on the Sync Portal
- display upgrade and support status of local agent software
- warning for sync group that may be out of date
- fixed issues that affect ORM frameworks such as Entity Framewok and NHibernate working with Data Sync
- Better error and status messages.
You can find 3 scenarios on the msdn blog post of this release that explains the changes :
- User adds a table and a column to a sync group
- User removes a table and a column from a sync group
- User changes the length of a column in a sync group
If you would like to suggest new features or vote for existing, go to the suggestion site.